- Sara Alert™ is a standards-based, open source tool developed by MITRE in partnership with national public health organizations that automates the process of public health monitoring and reporting of individuals exposed to or infected with COVID-19 (or any disease). Individuals enter their symptoms daily via web, text, email, or phone (robocall). The individuals being monitored who select the text-based reporting method will start to receive text messages from the Sara Alert™ short code number. The individuals can expect to receive about two to three messages per day for the duration of the monitoring period (a minimum of fourteen days). These messages request the user self-report yes or no to the symptoms being tracked. If the monitoree (the individual being monitored) selects the SMS reporting method with a weblink, the monitoree will receive a message with a weblink which will take them to the Sara Alert™ application where they will be prompted to self-report on their symptoms. If the monitoree selects the SMS reporting method without a weblink, they will simply receive text messages requesting the monitoree to respond yes or no to symptoms.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code number. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time or text “START” and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at email@example.com.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You can expect to receive two to three messages per day for the length of the monitoring period (which usually lasts about fourteen days). If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.